Whoops. Could not load the session. Sorry

(Mthierst) #1

Is it worth mentioning that this still happens at regular intervals, on a variety of browers?

Are there any plans of actually fixing this, or is this just another one of the bugs in the web version which never get addressed?

(Bea Trisy) #2

A screenshot of the console messages would be really helpful in trying to pinpoint the issue.

For Chrome

Open Chrome and navigate to the course you want to review
Go to the Chrome menu at the top-right of your browser window, then select Tools > Developer Tools.
In the chrome developer tools make sure the “Console” tab is clicked
Try review until you get the error
Take a screenshot of your whole browser window, making sure to catch the error message(s) and send it to us
We can look further into the issue as soon as we get the screenshot
*if you’re using any browser other than chrome and are unsure of how to get the console up, let me know so I can provide the steps.

(Hannahstern74) #3

the same happens in the app for some courses (e.g. "Yiddish 101”)

(Mthierst) #4

@BeaTrisy - here you go, sorry for the time this took…

(Uzziel Quezada) #5

Hello,

I’m experiencing the same issue. When I try to start a lesson on French 2 course to “Learn new Words”. is giving me the same error message.

I have tried to:

• Log off and log back in from my memrise session.
  • Quit the course and re-enroll to it again.
  • Tried FireFox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome.

Can you please do something on your end to get it fixed?

Thank you!

(Mario Goulart) #6

I’m also experiencing the same problem. I can reproduce the problem on the following web browsers:

• Chromium Version 71.0.3578.80
  • Firefox 60.4.0esr

Below is a screenshot of Chromium’s developer console.

(Joshua) #7

Hey Mario, we are experiencing some issues with some of our courses. The course falsely says there are still more words to be learned when actually you learned them all already.

While we still work on fixing this bug, how about trying the next course German 2.

(Mario Goulart) #8

Thanks for the feedback. I’m gonna try the other levels.

(Bazza Law) #9

I have been using the web version with Chrome for a few weeks. German 1 and 2 now both coming up with this “could not load” message, which appears to be a catch all. My immediate observation is that it has something to do with ignoring words and phrases. In attempting to ascertain if there is something in this idea I have deleted, level by level, every word but it still says I have 1 out of 9 to learn. I am still weaving my way through the idiosyncrasies of Memrise and have been looking at the levels within German 1. They are all grey scaled, which means, I suppose, that they are completed or completely ignored but I have observed that some of them are missing. Is this valid?

(Bazza Law) #10

Following on, I have noticed that if all of the words in a level are ignored and the green learn these words button is pressed it does go through to this catchall whoops. Please tell me my suspicions about a catch all are wrong.