When I retype a word before ENTER, the corrected word displays as WRONG

• Description of the issue:
    Expected Behavior:
    When I enter a word incorrectly, I backspace and correct the word. The word is now the correct answer (verified by a native speaker who saw this happen). I submit. The next page should shows in a red error box containing “Your answer” and the correct word.

Actual behavior:
When I enter a word incorrectly, I backspace and correct the word. The word is now the correct answer (verified by a native speaker who saw this happen). I submit. The next page should NOT show the correct answer in red error box containing “Your answer” and the correct word.

• Your device and browser details
    Windows 11.
    Microsoft Edge Version 102.0.1245.39 (Official build) (64-bit)

• Description of steps to reproduce the issue

1. I enter a word spelled incorrectly. (Turkish 2)
  2. I backspace and correct the word.
  3. I enter the correct spelling using the appropriate special characters on the screen. The Turkish letter ‘i’ with the dot above the letter.
  4. The word is now the correct answer (verified by a native speaker who saw this happen).
  5. I submit.
  6. The next page is shown.
  7. Displayed in red error box containing “Your answer aperatif”.
    [It looks like the special character selection button on the screen is the correct lowercase. The letter in the word looks like it is capitalized.]
  • Do you have any screenshots of the problem? Please upload them here.
    I cannot upload.

Hi,
Thank you for the detailed report, I wanted to check if this is occurring on multiple words on that course, or was it just the specific word ‘aperatif’?

2 Likes

The issue occurred again. This time on the ‘listening’ section. Also with the character “i”.

This is occurring on the Turkish “i”.Turkish uses “i” and “ı”. From looking at the screen, it looks like a capitalized “i” even though I selected the charater from the Memrise list of charaters.

Daryl Wells

A third example (same character “i”):

Daryl Wells

Example 4:

Daryl Wells

+90 (552) 743-6968 (WhatsApp)

darylfromjax@gmail.com

darylfromjax@yahoo.com

Example 4:

reading this page I feel as if the ‘i’ is longer than the one you wrote

for some reason your ‘i’ is longer than the other ‘i’. Am I the only one who sees this?
Anyway hope it gets fixed :smile:

Hi @darylfromjax
Thank you for the further detail
We’ve looked into this and it is marked as incorrect because they are different letters so the answer is incorrect. This wikipedia article explains it
The row of characters we put on the screen is to give you access to special characters that aren’t on a standard keyboard, so the i on that will always be the unusual one. If you want to use a normal i then please use your keyboard like you do for the other letters in the answer, and then only use the special i when the word is genuinely spelt using it.

I hope that helps, good luck with your learning