When Did You Join?

((ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧) #1

Hi. My ID is MarshallLanguages and I currently learn Japanese and German (which is proving to be frustrating) through Memrise. I joined 2 years ago and am making my own Japanese course with @tampora.

Happy Memrising!

(only one user) #2

Hi. I joined Memrise a few months ago, but I created the account in the forum only this week. My native language is Portuguese and I’m learning Japanese. I do not know English very well, but I intend to study English later, because I can not study two different languages at the same time :slight_smile:

(Adrian) #3

Hey, I joined Memrise a little over 3 years ago (Aug. 25, 2015 according to Memrise) in order to learn French. Thanks to Memrise, I’m now perfectly fluent.

Native language : Romanian
Fluent in : English, French
Learning : Japanese (and Italian for college work, but not as intensively)

(Tampora) #4

Hey all.

I’ve been learning on and off through memrise for a few years, not sure exactly how long.
I never really learned anything properly at first as I was chopping and changing what I wanted to learn, first it was Mandarin (found the tonal changes too hard), switched to French (couldn’t get the hang of masculine and feminine words), changed to Korean (just got no where at all, as I just couldn’t seem to pronounce any of the words)… Then finally switched to Japanese and voila, the language I was meant to learn. Granted I’ve had times where I have struggled to learn anything in Japanese for a good few weeks to a month at a time (damn verbs holding me back), but it appears to be the language for me to learn first as I enjoy learning it, which is the most important thing in my opinion.

I also enjoy learning random knowledge as well, capitals, flags etc…
I create a few courses from time to time as well, mainly courses to do with characters names from tv series, movies and comics as I can never remember any names it seems. I also help out @MarshallLanguages with the Japanese Guide course.

Anyway, I’ve babbled on too much. Next person, lol. :slight_smile:

(☄✨MemriseMasterSherwi✨☄) #5

Greeting humans just started last year and also help with the course that @MarshallLanguages and @tampora are making.
Free Time: Memrise
Never did: F***NITE!!! DESTROY IT AND THROW IN BLACK HOLE :rage:
Anyway made the number level ML and gonna get to 20 :+1:

I joined on 30th August 2014 to learn Japanese. I haven’t been active all that time though. Tbh i’ve only done maybe 1 year’s worth of study during my time here. I’m at a level where I can read some manga though.