I’ve stumbled upon a few issues since I started (again) to learn Russian on Memrise.
Apart from the hint issue regarding which I’ve already made a post and the streak issues that keep on happening, there are a few more:
- once in “Learn with locals” all (4) answers were the same, the correct one;
- sometimes when the native speaks in “Learn with locals” something in Russian and I have to choose an answer from the list, if he said it in Russian and I have to choose a Russian answer, most of the time there is no pop-up regarding what it meant in English, and since I’m learning there are a few times that I’m not sure what was that all about, but when the pop-up appears it is the literal translation of what that person said and it goes to the next one in 1 second;
- in normal learning mode if the voice says something in Russian and the answers are what it said also in Russian, most of the time there is no English pop-up for me to be sure what it meant in case I don’t remember and when the pop-up appears, after 1 second it goes to the next exercise so I can’t always read everything;
- when I have to type in what the voice said in Russian, after I get it right there is no pop-up regarding what it meant, this also can be annoying since I can’t remember everything as easy as the app wants me to;
- in Speed Review there is nobody speaking the answer after getting it right (I remember this used to happen a while back, I was using Memrise on an Android then), also it would be nice to have a little more time when the topic and all the answers are a few words long. I know it’s a speed review and I don’t consider myself a slow reader, but sometimes I just have to blindly choose something because I didn’t have enough time to get through everything.
Most of these could be fixed by adding options if we want translations or not, or if we want to go to the next scenario after a delay or by clicking a “Next” button so we can properly understand what was that all about.
I hope all of you are good and safe and that things will improve with the app, because these issues happen all the time and it’s annoying.