For all the fellow adepts of the holy church of disgruntled landscapers, I present a usable version of the Garden Theme userscript. The code is still spaghetti so I am releasing it on an ‘It Just Works™’ basis.
I don’t have the original tree/mountain/cloud artwork featured throughout the previous design. I am not a graphics guy and recreating it from screenshots will take some time. If someone has it or can easily create it, I’d appreciate it. Fortunately, I did create something for the home page which consists of a hundred copies of external gifs/pngs obnoxiously rammed into the DOM tree (genius, right) to create a cute little half finished landscape. (I will substitute this mess with a single image a little later)
- What’s not covered:
- Original forest artwork (mentioned above)
- Various icons used throughout the website: I don’t have the patience to recolor/replace them all at the moment
- ‘Difficult Words’ and ‘Listening’ sessions. I don’t have access to those pages. I cancelled my subscription when the wise people at Memrise gave us the beach theme.
- Various ‘buy premium’ pages
- Memrise landing page (too much yellow beach for my landscaper brain to handle and who cares anyway)
- Forums. It kind of works but there is a small script on Memrise end that turns the logo back to the beach theme. Will fix it later.
Only tested on Chrome based browsers.
How to install:
- Add Tampermonkey extension
- Copy Paste code from repository: https://github.com/aniket-tyagi-ru/Memrise_Toolkit/blob/master/Memrise_Toolkit.js
Bugs, Problems, and Discussions
If you find bugs or problems (which you will), make sure to contact me on DISCORD for a quick response: https://discord.gg/xh8Hr7
The memrise team is preparing a huge update to the UI
Yes. Once that happens I will update the script as soon as possible to sensibly counter that.
The garden will live on brothers, the beach inquisition will not succeed