Update: Decks mobile app!

This is fantastic news! Thank you for listening to your community on this matter. I’m ecstatic to know my learning can continue unhindered.

7 Likes

Great news. I just hope the mobile app will be ready by the end of March. I need to learn Russian ASAP for a trip in May and I need the app to keep studying without any interruption.

5 Likes

You’ll be able to keep on learning your courses in the Memrise app while we launch the Decks app! So your uninterrupted Russian learning is safe.

32 Likes

Great stuff - delighted to hear this. Thanks for the update Kevin. I would suggest trying to publicise this on Twitter or using that email list that went out with the original announcement.

14 Likes

Massive thank you to @edcooke @kevin5284, and the rest of the Memrise team for listening to our views and keeping this wonderful community app going. Absolutely delighted at this news, and at your decision to make a Decks app!

A big thank you as well to the folks who attended the Memrise meeting on the 7th March - was really good to meet other users as well as the Memrise team, and it just goes to show it’s always a good idea to make your views and opinions heard. The Memrise team also showed a fantastic willingness to engage with the community and exchange ideas above any beyond the immediate issue of the Decks app. I for one would be happy to attend any future meetings to share ideas and offer feedback.

Great job everybody!

27 Likes

That’s great!!! Thank you

4 Likes

Wonder how many customers you lost before that (at least 1: me), but that’s good news overall. Will take long time before I maybe buy a new Pro-membership though.

3 Likes

Thank you Memrise for listening to us and deciding to go with an app and offline. This was my biggest concern not having those two options.

6 Likes

Awesome stuff. Thanks so much for listening to feedback. Looking forward to a long future of using Memrise products, but especially an app created especially for the community created courses !!

:grin::grin::grin::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Thank you so much for being responsive to user feedback and for listening to your user base. Thank you also to all the users who were able to attend the feedback session in your offices and presented our case so convincingly.

This could all have been avoided with better community outreach right from the start, but I am happy that we have reached a happy compromise. I was one who immediately cancelled my Pro subscription when I received the announcement email but I’m now cautiously optimistic and will wait to see what the subscription tiers are for Decks/Memrise.

I am very happy and willing to pay for Decks for the app and the servers to be maintained.

Thank you again!

20 Likes

Agree with everyone else, thank you for listening to your users Memrise Team. Excellent work!

I don’t need Pro, nor app, since I sit at my desktop all day, but I will continue subscribing to support you.

11 Likes

Thank you, so much! It’s great to finally hear an announcement that indicates that you are listening to the community. It’s not perfect, but it’s a lot better than what you were going to do. So, I’ll certainly give it a chance.

6 Likes

Such a relief! thank you so much, this is great news :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Awesome news! Thank you! Looking forward to the app!

4 Likes

Even though I didn’t really learn with Memrise on mobile I am really happy that it will be an option and that all the people which need it are getting it now. A very good decision.

6 Likes

Kudos to Memrise for listening to the users. I cancelled my renewal because of the Decks fiasco but I will be happy to renew in the future once the Decks app and offline mode are available.

6 Likes

Thank you to Memrise for this decision!

3 Likes

YAY thank you so much! :smile:

3 Likes

Best news I’ve heard in a while. :slight_smile: Definitely shows that the staff is listening. I was happy even before this announcement just having heard that our concerns were taken into consideration, and even more happy now that it produced what we have been begging for.

Thank you, this makes me more relaxed going forward as well. :slight_smile:

4 Likes