Topic needs closing

(☄✨MemriseMasterSherwi✨☄) #1

Could there be a way of making a course private and only allowing specific people on it? as there is someone I want to get off my Periodic Table course (supposedly for classmates)

(Jemiołuszka) #2

My apologies. I did not realise it was a private course. I will no longer use it.

@MemriseSupport Is it possible to remove my details from the above course?

(𖧧 𝓛ı𝕥𝕥lꦌ ꞗɪᴙᶑ ׅ ׅ ׅ 𝓑ⅈ𝘨 𝓦ᵒʳ𝔩̲ꝺ̲) #3

To be fair, once a course is released, I really don’t think we have rights over who studies it; quite the reverse, actually. I was unaware there was any kind of system to make a course ‘private’ to only a select group.

@Jemioluszka, there’s a ton of other courses for this if you just want to learn all the elements (I used the Hutchinson course, for example), though I don’t think most of them are helpful enough to point out things like which group each element is in, annoyingly. Beggars can’t be choosers, though, and all that. Someone could always make a nice new one that covers structure as well as content, I suppose.

(𝕄eͥmrͣiͫรe ) #4

Why do you get to decide who’s allowed to use it? Memrise is known as a place to SHARE knowledge through its Staff and user created courses. So why limit a single person from being able to access it. Why do you want them off so badly? And @Jemioluszka. I believe you can use this. @MohammedSherwi. if you only want your classmates appearing on it. Then make a group of them in it. So others can use this course, just like me and @Jemioluszka. And how is this hardly fair? I have used it for a while and I don’t see you telling me to “GET OFF MY COURSE”, so why them? I hardly think it’s fair to single them out… And you could be a bit more polite instead of shouting GET OFF MY COURSE, I think anyone should be allowed to use it.

(Account under review) #5

How dare you read my publicly available course, it’s for friends only!

(☄✨MemriseMasterSherwi✨☄) #6

It is not public, it is unlisted

(☄✨MemriseMasterSherwi✨☄) #7

Thanks for apologising, there won’t be a need to remove your details, and I might allow it to be public in the future after improving it and making sure it is properly useful.

@MarshallLanguages could you close this topic?

(𝕄eͥmrͣiͫรe ) #8