TOCFL—Traditional & Simplified (No Typing) by LBV_1806-20

Course Forum

hi,

this 好吃 means delicious, tasty, good to eat (not “fond of eating”)

好像 = as if, as though; to seem like

倒 … dǎo =to fall; to collapse; to topple; to fail; to go bankrupt; to change (trains or buses); to move around; to sell; to speculate (buying and selling, also 捣); profiteer// dào = upset; turn over; to tip; to pour; to go home; to the contrary; inverted

gracias, danke

Yes, you’re right. The “fond of eating” version has a different pronunciation. Same characters but the hao is 4th tone.

好吃 hàochī to be fond of eating; to be gluttonous

I’ll change it to “tasty; delicious” as per the Yellowbridge definition. Thanks for the correction. Sorry for the delay. I haven’t been using Memrise for while. Hope to be here more going forward.

Actually I added the PinYin and definition of that second meaning, given that the meaning does use the exact same characters. I added it the following way:

hǎo chī | hào chī 好吃 tasty; delicious | to be fond of eating; to be gluttonous

Changed 好像 to “as if; to seem like,” as per the Yellowbridge definition.

Changed dǎo, as per the Yellowbridge definition, to the following:

to fall; to collapse; to overthrow; to fail; to go bankrupt; to change (trains or buses); to move around; to resell at a profit

And I changed dào, as per the Yellowbridge definition, to the following:

to place upside down; to invert; to pour; to throw out; to move backwards; however; actually; as a matter of fact; contrary to expectation

Thanks for the contributions!

I have been ploughing through the levels for a week or two now. Unfortunately there are many repeats in later levels of words found in earlier levels