I recently noticed a weird bug. My current streak is 113 days. When i go into my summary, Its shown as my best streak is 94. The only thing that bothers me is if I’m gonna lose it one day, is it gonna be shown as 94 or above 113?
Furthermore, sync between an Android app and website. When i make for example my daily challenge on the phone, its not showing on the web. The same while doing on the website, it’s not shown on the phone. Because of that im always scared of losing it. Because maybe it haven;t saved? What if? It’s in my opinion an unnecessary confusion.
If u came across such a problem or u know how to fix it, please let me know!
I would like to add to this post (Apologies if this is considered hi-jacking, I’d happily edit/delete/move it)
with a similar bug, (Although with a much lower streak lol) except my streak should be 4 days but shows in the statistics page as 19. (Pictures attatched below)
Best of luck learning / Bonne chance apprentissage
It seems that there is some sort of problem with the streaks and how they’re calculated.
There is a couple of threads here on the forum (see this search).
There’s (at least) one thread with Memrise staff participation, too:
Update. I’ve lost my streak on 118th day. But in Memrise opinion my best streak was 94 days…
Thanks for getting in touch.
We’re really sorry to hear you have been facing some issues with Streaks.
So that we can gather as much information as possible for our developers, could you please confirm:
- What platform(s) are you using? (iOS, Android, Web). If on mobile, please also confirm the name of the model
- If switching between platforms, which platform did you first see the streak breaking?
- Which platform has the correct streak count?
- If using web, what timezone are you on? You can find this at https://www.memrise.com/settings/
- Have you changed the timezone on web and/or your mobile device recently?
- Do you have any screenshots of the issue?
Please also confirm the name of the course(s) this occurred with.
Unfortunately we’re unable to restore your Streaks, however please rest assured that the product team are aware of users’ complaints regarding this - they will take this feedback into consideration for future updates.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to your response.
No problem, if you knew about this issue it wouldn’t occur. I’m happy I can help in any kind of way.
- I use mostly Web and Android 10
- If switching between platforms, the mobile app was breaking the streak
- Web had always a correct streak count
- My timezone is Europe/Warsaw
- I have never changed the timezone
- unfortunately I don’t think I have any screenshots. I’m sorry for that.
The course it occurred with was my own one. I’m giving you the link: https://app.memrise.com/course/2193391/niemiecki-xd/
Thank you for writing to me and I hope I was a bit of help here!
Best wishes, Maja