Started a course on the website; it won't show up on the phone app

I tried searching for this, but couldn’t find an existing thread.

I started a course on the website (English 5, from French). It won’t show up on the phone app. Anyone know a fix?

3 Likes

Take a look at this posting and my answer underneath:

FWIW, @MemriseSupport and @JBorrego: are you aware of any course-sync problems between web and iOS/Android?
I actually noticed that the course order does not seem to sync between devices. That is, the order is different between my mobile and my tablet (both Android). Haven’t started a new course in a while though, so I can’t tell whether this might be a general problem.

3 Likes

I have the same problem: can’t see recently added course in my list.
Yet haven’t tried any magic tricks like clearing cache.

3 Likes

I actually did that yesterday on my mobile, but it didn’t change anything.
It’s really a bit weird - I worked through the greater share of my list of courses this morning (25 courses) on my tablet and just opened Memrise on my mobile a moment ago. There, the course list’s order has changed, but only for like the first 7 courses (all Spanish, the 8th is a different language).

I presume it has to do with the performance fixes that were introduced like 2.5 weeks ago. When they incorporated their fixes, something else probably broke …

2 Likes

Ich hab das selbe Problem

2 Likes

I’ve always assumed it takes a while to synchronise.

Can you help @MemriseSupport?

3 Likes

I’ve contacted @MemriseSupport about the same problem and they promised to get back to me

3 Likes

I wound up uninstalling and reinstalling the app (again) and it synced the courses properly.

That process definitely needs to be fixed.