Size of chinese characters is very small

Why is the size of the chinese character so small on the details page? The page is almost entirely white apart from a tiny little character in the centre which shows the pinying then below, in incredibly small letters, the actual chinese character. Why not make the chinese characters larger?
This is what we see on an ipad pro display, and you will see what i mean.

Photo from mandarin chinese 2 - part 13 .

Course link …

I.e Mandarin Chinese 2
And Mandarin Chinese 1

Please post a link to the course.

I’ll tag @MemriseSupport for you so they can analyze what might cause this.

Hi Olaf. I have now Posted link in the edited description.

1 Like

Good morning @steviehutch,

This is actually one of our old Mandarin courses. As these are no longer worked on, it may have not been updated to fit with iPads.

Here’s the link to level 1 of the new Mandarin course: https://app.memrise.com/course/2021373/mandarin-chinese-1/

Can you let us know if you experience the same issue there?

Kind regards,
Memrise team

2 Likes

Hi,

The problem is still the same in the new Mandarin class ( which i have to admit is a great improvement on the previous course ).
The chinese character is very tiny, and i think to aid learning and memorisation of the chinese characters, as well as just the pinying, the chinese characters should be the same size as the pinying.
This is on an ipad pro. I have not tested on a normal ipad.

Kind regards
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know.

I’ve now created a ticket (internal code 710) for our developers to into this. I’m afraid I don’t have a timeline for how long a fix will take, but please do look out for future updates to the iOS app :slight_smile: You may also wish to try this course on a browser at app.memrise.com.

Thanks for your patience,

Kind regards,
Memrise team