Same words in different levels treated as different words, albeit the same database and no duplicates

(Tmrps) #1

Hi all,

Recently, I started to work again on a course I made a while ago. It is a course for learning all the countries (in Dutch).

Months ago, It already had the basics, like every recognised country organised by continent. I know those countries by heart. I also had a list of all EU countries. The latter was automatically trained, since it contained the same words as in the list of the European countries.

Yesterday, I thought it would be a fun idea to make more lists like members of the commonwealth, members of the Arabian Liga and so on.

For those new lists, I used the words from the database. I have not added duplicates or whatever. So, I thought it should work like the EU-list I made earlier. But no. It treated a lot of words like a new word, albeit it were the same as in those ‘basic’ lists.
For example, I already learnt the placement of Canada and Australië. I don’t have to repeat those within the next few hundred days. Nevertheless, in my Commonwealth-list, it treats those countries as NEW words. I checked if I had these words double in my database, but that’s not the problem. I tried to delete the level and added the words again, but same problem (it now recognises even less already learnt words). It recognises some of the maps I added yesterday, but not all. It seems it does not recognise the words I have added when I started the course months ago. I did not add the words in bulk, I did all manually.

I only have one database. I don’t have duplicates. How can I solve this problem? The solution would be that Memrise sees a word as one word, even if it’s used more than once in a course.

(Mthierst) #2

I’ve seen similar things in courses, including being presented both (entirely identical) answers as choices, but only accepting one as correct (happy guessing…)
I’m waiting for a moment where I’m quick enough to take a screen shot of the effect.

(Mthierst) #3

here’s a screen shot of the query - I wasn’t quick enough to get one of the system’s reaction (I picked on, it was flagged as wrong/red).
Screen shot is from general revision, so these could be from the same or from different courses. Either way, not helpful…