'Request timed out' error when doing Pronunciation drills in Japanese 0

For the past 3 days, the Pronunciation drill has not worked at all. Whenever I record my audio, I get an immediate ‘request timed out’ error at the bottom of the screen.

I have the same problem using Memrise app on my Nexus (Android) phone. The strange thing is that the Pronunciation feature worked fine until about 3 days ago. Since then, every time I try to use it, for every word, it gives the “request timed out” error. Every time. This is true even if the word being tested is very short. I have reproduced this error in Portuguese 1, 2, and 3. The strange thing is that I can tell that it is “hearing” my pronunciation, because it correctly plays back what I said.

I tried uninstalling, restarting the phone, and re-installing. That did not fix it.

Yeah, I’m experiencing the same, the app definitely records the voice and will play it back, but the timeout error happens instantly after recording.

Two weeks without a response or even acknowlegement by Memrise. Man, I am really regretting paying for this product.

Just going to point out once again that it’s now been almost 2 months since this bug was reported and Memrise hasn’t done as much as acknowledge the issue.

They sure do spend a lot of time putting on sales to get people to subscribe, though…but with this complete lack of support, why bother?

I am going to once again put it out there that absolutely nothing has been done about this bug report. Not even an acknowledgment from Memrise that it’s an issue.

Your company loves to have a fun time ‘accidentally’ sending out blatant marketing emails about your sales, but you won’t fix the underlying problems with your apps or even respond to support requests.

Three months without a response, at least half a dozen “Resubscribe to our wonderful product!” emails in the mean time.

I’m going to keep updating this until, maybe, someone from Memrise at least replies to the initial question? Maybe if I directly call out @MemriseSupport about it they’ll finally acknowledge the issue?

Hi @smmay275,

Apologies for the delay in replying! We’re sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.

We tested this on our devices and could not reproduce it. Can you confirm if you are still experiencing this problem?

If you still see this issue, please try uninstalling the app, restarting your device and then reinstalling it. Please let us know if this works.

For future reference, please also note that bugs should be reported by following the instructions below (If you did, please let us know - as it’s not showing in our records):

This will make sure the bug report is read and assessed by the relevant team, who will then work on a resolution.

We invite you to post on the Community Forum to discuss about the bug and learn about possible solutions, but please note that any issues reported on the forum may not be picked up by the team here at Memrise as quickly as it would happen if you used the form in the FAQ above.

Please also note that due to the number of bug reports we receive every day, unfortunately we may not be able to reply to every case.

I hope this clears any confusion and once again, sorry to have kept you waiting.

Best wishes,
Memrise team.

OK, thanks. I mean, I’ve cancelled my subscription a long time ago, right around when I first reported this issue, but, thanks for the note that you don’t really look into bug reports.

Please continue with the 'LOL WACKY!!!" sales and stuff, good luck.