I use your application a lot to memorize Mandarin characters and learn listening as well as a bit of basic speaking, and reading. I am extremely happy with this tool, thanks. These suggestions apply to
- web interface (not an app).
…but may fit with other courses, too. These are not errors or bugs. I will keep a big list of recommendations for improvement and hope you haven’t heard them all before, for later upload Here are some before I forget.
Some of these things are minor, but I know every little bit can help when they benefit lots of people.
- Forum for us to suggest improvement. I see general discussion, and bug reports, but nothing for suggestions.
- When I answer wrong in Speed review, highlight correct answer and say it verbally, keep displayed for briefly, maybe. I understand there may be an inherent issue with a delay during a speed review and it may not be acceptable.
- After an answer in some modes, the Chinese character is sometimes not displayed, or other information not displayed. There is very useful info displayed but sometimes something is missing, and I understand it may be system limited as to what can be shown, but it could be nice to have three things at the end of an answer: mandarin character; pinyin, English answer.
- Have a link where we can do a popup on another browser tab that has a link to a web page with a definition but also some sentence examples. This is a ‘nice to have’ that’s really not at the core functionality but could add a great layer. The info is just sitting out there on the web in various places. I know there are complexities like making sure a website has valid info and web pages etc. Just a thought.