Please improve the tapping experience

I’m using the iOS app for nearly a year now. I find tapping the words to make a sentence frustrating as it is usually takes 2 taps to hit a word. No matter it’s on an iPhone or iPad it is always difficult to hit the right word successfully without missing. I don’t have big hands or thick fingers, and it feels like the sensitive area of the button is way too small to hit. When making long sentences the inaccuracy makes the worst experience of the app. Also, unable to drag a word to the middle of a sentence to fix a mistake induced by the missed taps make things even more annoying. At least you can allow the users to use the real keyboard to type the sentence on their own, like the word spelling exercises.

6 Likes

I agree. It is the only thing that continues to annoy me. I think it is not the tap area that is bothering us, it is the fact that a new word cannot be added as the full fade out traNsition of the previous word hasn’t finished. This blocking delay is frustrating.

2 Likes

Thank you! This was a big help.

1 Like

Me to, agree on this.

1 Like

I agree too!

That would be a great enhancement as one has to un-tap several words and then correct.

Sometimes it’s purely because the tap hasn’t picked up the word.

However most of the time it works fine for me on the Android App - and at least there isn’t a timer, so no rush to correct as there is on the web version.

Cc @MemriseSupport

1 Like

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this.

I’ve raised this issue to the relevant team, who will prioritise it accordingly.

Best wishes,
Memrise team.

5 Likes

Hi all,

We’ve just released a fix for this issue. :slight_smile: Please ensure you update your app when you can.

Best wishes,
Memrise team.

3 Likes