Official: Biblical Hebrew Vocabulary with Audio

It is complete, finally! I completed a Biblical Hebrew course with Modern Hebrew audio. Though the Niqqud is used, it also accepts answers without them.

What’s included? Every word appearing 10+ times, as well as 97 of the most common Proper Nouns.

Here’s the link: https://www.memrise.com/course/5542849/biblical-hebrew-vocabulary-with-audio/

Please post any corrections/suggestions on this post. תודה רבה!

2 Likes

Hola Señor,

40 words in and so far I really like what you’ve done. Found this on DuoLing and glad I did as generally I’m more interested in Biblical Hebrew.

I noticed in level 2 that there is a Qal/Pa’al form of the verb דבר, is this correct? It seems like the Pi’el form is the most common. In fact I didn’t even think there was a Pa’al form of this verb.

So far this is all I’ve noticed, seems you’ve done a very good job. Thanks for all the hard work.

1 Like

So, I double check my vocabulary books and made a note about the Qal pattern. It does exist, but it’s very rare.

1 Like

צָוָה Level 3. You write that this is PIEL, and it must be PIEL. But according to vowels and reading it is PAAL. Does PAAL exist from this root?

So, thank you for emailing me. The three root letters are usually give in the PA’AL form, but their most common usage is given first. I also have the other common usages in the introduction, but the new BETA version of Memrise doesn’t show them as alternatives. I will try to add ALL used verb forms in the main definition, but it may take me a few weeks to finish them all.

Shalom, dear colleague.
Please pay attention to these words in the 2nd level. It seems to me that there are typos here.

Thanks for catching those. I fixed them.