Nova lorque Portuguese Portugal European level 2 some bug

It seems that this word is not properly entered in the system
Please see screen shot attached.

Nova Iorque
Nova lorque

Please let me know if I have misunderstood something

thank you

Hi @pmone and welcome to the forum!

It is unclear as to what course you are refering to. If this is the official Memrise course EN-PT then please re-post your query in the dedicated forum thread which you can find here:

As for the problem itself: would it be possible that there is a lower case “L” instead of the upper case “i”? Since the font doesn’t contain serifs, both are hardly distinguishable, so I’d give that a try to at least be able to move on without ignoring the word and wait for the fix …

thank you very much for the very swift response.

I will try to repost the query to the dedicated forum. I am not used to posting to any forum… but will try.

and no, I was not typing an upper case ‘i’ ‘I’ rather than a lower case ‘L’ ‘l’.

Yes, it is a strange small error for which there is a work around. I was just surprised to find any errors in the official Memrise courses. They work well. (the community courses have many more ‘bugs’… hence I suppose the plan to move them to another site… a good idea)

I was actually referring to the possibility that the error is in the course data, i. e. that it’s “Lorque” there instead of “iorque”.

yes, that could be it…