Items to review numbers do not add up

the page for Spanish courses says 26, but as one can see, it should be 6

I’ve just checked two of my languages - both were fine.

Your screenshot is pretty blurred - I can’t really see much. What I do see is two courses with a review count, but the icons and numbers aren’t where they’re supposed to be
Since you thus have something running which modifies the site’s CSS, would it be possible that some numbers are hidden behind the yellow blob?

You can sum up the numbers yourself if you search for <div class=“review”> in the page’s HTML source code. These tags will be followed by the count per course.

nope, it is a rather new issue, appeared a week, two weeks ago.
on the blurred screen were mentioned 26 items for that language, but when looking at the list in detail, only 6 items appear in need of watering.

I do suppose the whole stuff has more to do with the fact that the algorithm is “overwhelmed”. I have learned many items and I’ve ignored almost the same amount of items. Also, I withdrew from several unnerving courses by using first “restart” - to delete completely the items from my account - and then “quit”.

I seldom have “true” reviews… in some courses I have to review all the time (intermediate Japanese Tobira - I do make many mistakes; Navegar los siete mares - my course, almost 0 mistakes… so, wtf), while other courses seem to be fully asleep on my dashboard, although I use them.

Whatever…

That might be the cause - I t think I ignored max. a few words in the two languages that I checked. As I’m certain that the “finished courses show up unfinished” problem was connected to ignored words I guess that qualifies for a potential reason, plus possible remnants from removed courses.

@MemriseSupport & @JBorrego: can you guys check this, please?

Hey I have just checked this. I cant reproduce it in my account (which has got as you can imagine plenty of courses and words. My words to review add up correctly to 379 for Spanish :grimacing:

But I can see it in your account, Angharad.Merfin so I will be checking. I don’t think there is an issue with it but as much as you, I want to know why there is a discrepancy so that we know what is happening :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Angharad.Merfin I was trying to debug this but I am unable to reproduce it anymore in your account either so it makes it virtually impossible for us to understand the difference.

Could you please let us know if you can reproduce it again and find any patterns as to when it occurs?

Thanks

5 Likes