Is pronunciation practice for “die USA” broken?

I pronounce it exactly the same as the model audio, and I know what you’re thinking: I probably overestimate my own pronunciation. But I even recorded the app’s audio and played it back for the test, but it still said, “Mmm…not quite!”

Where are you practicing pronunciation at? I haven’t come across anything on Memrise that lets you do that.

It’s in the iOS app, using your phone’s microphone.

It’s the only one I can’t pass, and it’s inarguably one of the easiest to pronounce in that it didn’t have any sounds that are nonstandard in American English.

Ah, I see why I wouldn’t know. I’m a desktop user mainly, but when I use my phone it’s Android.

How do you like the pronunciation engine? Duolingo has one, but it will (mostly) accept nearly any garbage I spew out, or (at times) grade my utterance as wrong when I hit it spot on.

It seems surprisingly accurate, but I can’t figure out how it works. I’ve tried using metrically equivalent nonsense phrases with the same stress accent, or altering just one consonant but otherwise pronouncing it correctly. Every time I do that, it fails, and then the correct pronunciation passes.

A merger between two German-speaking airlines from different nations presents an opportunity for students to reflect on the notions of culture and business. This unit consists of six 50-minute course periods designed for the intermediate language classroom myprepaidcenter