Incorrect number of words on auto-learning

Recently, when I “learn” new words on auto-learning, I’m finding that I get two fewer new words than I should.

For instance, if in /settings/learning I’ve set 10 words per learning session, then hitting auto-learn adds only 8 new words. And if I set 5 words per learning session then I only get 3. (I should maybe also mention that originally the problem was only 1 fewer words, then after a few days it became 2 fewer words).

This happens on the website. I use Firefox 85.0.2 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

I guess to reproduce the issue you would have to go to a self-generated course, hit auto-learn and see if you get the same amount of words per session as selected in /settings/learning?

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reporting this. I was able to reproduce this, but only sporadically. Can you let me know the name of the course this occurs with for you?

I look forward to your response.

3 Likes

Thanks for getting back!

This happens on a self-created course named simply “Español.” It’s a 3000 word course with no levels, status incomplete, and I’m the only one on it. I’m currently at 2342 words in LTM.

As a test I created a 14-word course and there the auto-learning functions fine. So the problem might have something to do with the size of the course or the fact that it’s all one massive level?

An update: As of this morning it’s 3 fewer words that get added with auto-learn. I’ve made no changes to the course.

Hi,

Unfortunately I can’t reproduce this with the first words of your course.

Do you have the content of this course saved elsewhere, e.g. a spreadsheet? In that case I would advise you to recreate the course ensuring you add words to a database, instead of directly to the course. You will then be able to generate smaller levels with 15/20 items each. This will make the course more manageable, faster to load and will also hopefully fix your issue.

Learn more below:

In the meanwhile, I’ve created a ticket for the problem, however since this only occurs rarely on our side and only on certain courses it seems, sadly at this time I do not have a timeframe for the fix.

I hope this helps for now.

A.

2 Likes

Appreciate the advice, and thanks for taking the time to look into this!

1 Like