I cannot unignore words

(Preslynn) #1

I made my own course (private) for French. I ignored all words but a few I wanted to learn first. I have done this before and just clicked “ignore none” and “save”…all words were back. Well, not this time. I’ve gone through sessions of ignore all, save, ignore none, save etc. etc. It will not let me learn the 100s of words. It looks as if nothing is being ignored when I look at the list of words. Nothing is greyed out. But on my dashboard, the course insists that there are only six words in it and I learned them all. When I click review, it does let me review 17 words previously learned but I cannot learn any more.

HELP! It took me a long time to make this course and I really don’t want to have to remake it.

(Thomas Heiss) #2

How big is your course?
Do you have sub-levels or not?

You press the IGNORE button per course level and the SAVE button button won’t mark all words as un-ignored?

I also have another big course with 1776 words on the top-level with no sub-levels.
When I try to load the ignore list (with some words already on it) it takes me with my Firefox version endlessly.
I see several “Script is not responding: https://static.memrise.com/dist/js/libs-a4fd8e8bf113.js:1” error messages and I would have to press the Continue button many times.
Do you have the same problem?

I tried it with Firefox V52.9.0esr on the web portal for a complete new (un-learned) level of a course with 4175 words and it worked just great:

• pressing the NONE button deselects ALL checked boxes of the 25 words
  • the SAVE button at the bottom actually permanently unignores all previous 25 words ignored

The IGNORE button and list loading will work for me much better when there are not too many words per level.

…(…)…

What browser are you using?

I can re-test with Firefox Quantum V64.0 and and the latest Google Chrome V71.x later on another system.

Do you see any JS errors in red in the browser web console or do you get those “Script not working” popup messages when loading a huge list of words?

If anything fails, you can still reset your course under options/restart if you have not learned too many words.

But first we should try to track this down and report any errors to the Memrise support team.