Hello! Let's introduce ourselves :)

(Blue Basket Girl) #103

Yes!
I want to read HG, but my dad says it’s super depressing so I’m kinda scared xD
I read Frankenstein a while ago, I didn’t like it very much, but it was okay.
Yes :slight_smile:

(Blue Basket Girl) #104

I love the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, Minrs+Minrs 2 by Kevin Sylvester, Lord of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, hmm, what else… I’ve read a LOT of books, but those are some of my favorites. :slight_smile:

(JiminieVKook) #105

Thanks! I’ve never heard of Minrs before. I’ll be sure to check it out. I’ve read the Harry Potter series and they were all great in my opinion. Although, I’ve never read the Lord of the Rings (only The Hobbit and that was a few years ago). Have you ever read The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett? One of my favorites is Robin Hobbs’ Fitz and the Fool trilogy (along with the other books that follow those). She also did The Soldier’s Son trilogy (I’ve only read the first book, but I want to continue the rest of them).

(Blue Basket Girl) #106

Minrs is SO GOOD. But if you do read it, let me just warn you, there is a cliffhanger in book two and Kevin is not planning on making a book 3 :’( The Hobbit is really good too!

Nope, never read any of those xD

(JiminieVKook) #107

Thanks! I’ll warn you about Robin Hobbs’ books - she’s realistic with her characters (if they fall from a tall tower, they won’t be saved by a floating cloud :), they’ll most likely break a leg, if they’re lucky). Also, be wary if you read the third and four installments - The Liveship Trilogy and The Rain Wild Chronicles - for there are a couple parts in both series that were not so nice to read about (not exactly clean). Other than that, though, they were AMAZING! She really did well with the world building. Well, in my opinion, anyway. I felt that I was actually following in the world that she created. Oh, have you ever read The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini? I really enjoyed those books and they were completely clean.

(Blue Basket Girl) #108

Okay, good to know. And no, I haven’t read that either xD

(☄✨MemriseMasterSherwi✨☄) #109

Salutations @Blue_Basket_Girl -who-doesn’t-have-a-piece-of-blue-on-that-profile-pic :confused:
I am :comet::sparkles:MemriseMasterSherwi :sparkles::comet:
I learn French as well, but I also learn Japanese.

((ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧) #110

Hi everyone (trying to keep this topic alive :smirk:).
I’m Oliver. i am learning Japanese and German and happy to hear any of your suggestions for Memrise. Here’s my profile. Hope you’ll follow me :wink:https://www.memrise.com/user/MarshallLanguages/

(BlackParis) #112

Hey its me back, we should do something together, don’t you think so? Kinda group?

((ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧) #113

What kind of group? Language suggestion pls.

(BlackParis) #114

Just for give tips, and maybe when we become kinda fluent. Practice with facetime or just whatsapp calls to keep fresh the language, you know?

((ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧) #115

Maybe… anyways i gotta go. Bai :wink:

(Pearl Uni) #118

Hi, everyone .
I’m Pearl_Uni. I’m Japanese.
I think you have noticed, I’m learning English. But I still use the wrong English.
So I’m learning English with Memrize!!!:+1:

The origin of my name is Steven Universe. I love this cartoon anime.:sparkles:
Thanks!!:grinning:

Finding friends! For my leaderboard, which is empty now
((ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧) #119

Isn’t Pearl one of the main ones? The huge nose? I like that too.