Grammar sections show up as not done even after completing on mobile

Slightly irritating bug - grammar lessons show up as not completed and therefore unlearnt words on the desktop, even after completing them on the mobile app. This means that sometimes when on otherwise completed courses, the course will suggest the next action being “Learn new words”, but clicking on this returns an error (as there are no more ‘words’ to learn, just grammar lessons which show up as incomplete).
Please give me the dopamine boost of seeing the completion bar on desktop showing up as full :)))))))

This is a know problem. You can read more about resp. comment on this here:

as far as i can tell this is a slightly different issue, as the missing words on web can be clearly identified as the words from grammar lessons (which are exclusive to mobile). On mobile the course shows up as completed, but on web it shows up as not completed.

1 Like

Hi @Lyklar,

Thanks for getting in touch. We are aware of this issue, and hope to have a fix for our web users soon.

As you mentioned, due to the inconsistency in the number of items between app and web, Learn New Words displays an error when a course with grammar is otherwise complete.In the meanwhile, you will just need to ignore the Grammar levels to fix this (simply click on a Grammar level on web and then select ‘Ignore this level’).

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work on a fix for this.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Memrise team.

5 Likes