Goodbye Ziggy

(COUGH)(COUGH)

Hi, what is this covent garden that you speak of?

Some mall I guess.

Anyone else really misses ziggy here? I think I’m gonna create a petition for memrise to bring ziggy back, maybe there can be a compromise where users can choose whether they want to use ziggy as a learning companion, I feel that it was a really cool concept that should be brought back. Like if you agree people! @MemriseMatty

You could add Ziggy in as your account picture. Most here felt that Memrise should focus more on language learning features and less on imagery.

4 Likes

Covent garden is just a fairly small part of london

Still the shields… It’s been months, What will become of the badges? We keep the shields? We go back to the dark ages? cough cough ziggy. I hope not, :confused:

2 Likes

i miss him too

I got curious. How did the old points system used to be?

The very first system that memrise had was that you started off as a “MEMBRYO” and moved through different stages - “MEMINENCE” was one of them, “MEMPEROR” was another - most of which, if I recall correctly, used “MEM” plus a regular word. I loved the play on words and I was beyond thrilled to become a “Meminence”, but then they replaced all these lovely words with the strange creature called Ziggy.

5 Likes

See this post and courses: > Decks website is live! <

3 Likes

I see it’ my third anniversary :wink: :cake: :cake: :cake:

I wonder how many thousands of posts I have made?

4 Likes

Happy third anniversary! :fireworks:

The stats can be found in the “Users” area.

3 Likes

Thanks - very interesting to see how much of my life has been spent here - not to mention previous Forums!

Answer - Posted over 1000 times in this forum (and read over 12,000) !

7 Likes

Hi @DW7 :slight_smile:
Congratulations on your third anniversary in the Forum and your great help to other users :birthday::tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

I’m making my return to Memrise as of some difficult challenges for me have been overcome. :slight_smile: Nice to be back.

5 Likes

This is the course I made at the introduction - in case you feel nostalgic:

https://decks.memrise.com/course/1601869/all-about-ziggy-no-difficult-typing/

4 Likes