At the moment, the difficult words algorithm on the web is merely an all-typing review for 20 words that were marked as difficult. If wrong, it does a multiple choice until you get it right.
On the (Android) App however, it goes through a 3-step-test cycle for just 4 words.
- limit the number of difficult words session on the web to about 4-10.
- make it a three or four step cycle, e.g.
- 1st step: all-typing -> if right apparently not a difficult word, so cycle is finished
- 2nd step: present the entry and immediately 3rd step: multiple choice test
- 4th step: 2nd multiple choice test
- 5th step: all-typing