Favourite books!

Hi I was just wondering what people’s favourite books are :open_book::heart:
For me it has to be (after a long debate over HP books) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:

However I really hate the (SPOILER) Hedwig’s death scene, it always makes me :cry: :persevere:

1 Like

If you like J. K. Rowling’s style, I suggest to check out her series on Cormoran Strike (published under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith).
It proved to be challenging for me (as a non native English speaking person), but I devoured all books of that series!

2 Likes

So which one was your favourite?

I’m obsessed with Dystopia themed books. Especially “The Knife on Never Letting Go”. I remember reading the HP franchise too. Good times :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my opinion Hedwig’s death is better in the movie than in the books as she dies protecting Harry :owl: :coffin: which is way much braver then being killed in a cage.

I don’t have one favorite book. Maybe it’s just that I’ve read too many! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another good book is What if? which is this book where people ask the author mental scientific questions and he answers them accurately. the book teaches me lots of things, like:

• Uranium contains 76 million kj per kg
  • What happens when you try to catch a baseball pitched at 90% the speed of light:
  • And that a GAU-8 Avenger strapped to a car can make it brake the speed limit in 3 seconds using recoil alone:
    If anyone here is a science geek, this is a must :nerd_face: :test_tube:

What is your favourite type of BOOK :+1::blue_book::closed_book::green_book::orange_book::books:

• Harry Potter (any)
  • Sci-Fi
  • Horror/Mystery
  • Dystopian
  • Childrens (HTTYD, Roald Dahl, etc.)
  • Romance
  • Classic
  • Murder-mystery
  • Adventure/Action
  • Other

0 voters

If you’re a fan of Fantasy, The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie is worth picking up: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/944073.The_Blade_Itself

3 Likes

Let me add another English series that I enjoyed so much that I read all previous books again when a new one came out (I thus read the first two or three thrice):

The only other books series that I recall having read multiple times (apart from children’s books) was The Lord of the Rings, but I was under 20 back then.

Edit:
Just found out that Ben published the 7th book of the series at the end of 2018. So I suppose I’ll start over again soon as I’ve ordered a copy right away. :yum:

2 Likes

I read the first book (Rivers of London) a couple of years ago. But I’m too far behind on that series now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You should give it another go, I promise you it’s worth it! :wink:

2 Likes

Harry potter is lame. Currently i’m going through the witcher books though. I’m part way through baptism of fire atm.

On another note what are peoples favourite characters?

My favourite HP character has to be Severus Snape:

It is just so not lame that he can look so serious and cruel all the time

this is my favourite book :star_struck:

2 Likes

I know this sounds weird but my least favourite character is Harry.

Why is that

1 Like

I just feel that he is a mix of a rebel and a hero at the same time, and he is a bit stubborn, and I for some reason don’t like that sort of person. It just feels wrong.

Just read that a mole (6.02 x 10^23, or 602,300,000,000,000,000,000,000) of moles in space would clump together from gravitational attraction and make a furry meat planet the size of mars.

Randall Munroe, What If? is a masterpiece :star_struck: