Calling all Decks mobile app beta testers!

Hi all,

Good news! We are making good progress with the Decks mobile app and would like to invite community course learners on the forum to be beta testers before the app is launched.

Here’s how it will work:

• Fill in a Google Form, giving us your email address if you’d like to participate (it will only be used for the purpose of this beta test).
  • You’ll receive an email from us inviting you to install the app
  • Install and have fun on the app
  • Tell us if you find any issues!

We’ll use threads on the forum to collect issues.

This is just the first beta so the Decks app won’t be fully fledged. Notably there are some things that you won’t be able to do in the first beta:

• Create a new account
  • Add a new course
  • See the updated offline mode popup

We’ll be adding these in over the next few weeks and they will be ready before launch. For the first beta, you will just be able to learn on your existing community courses.

So if you’re interested, here’s where you can sign up!

We expect to send the app to beta testers in the next 2 weeks.

Cheers, let me know if you have any questions

29 Likes

I would love to help with the testing. You can count on me

2 Likes

Hello,
I want to join the test

@Norsk_VietNamesisk, you need to sign up via the links above if you want to join the test :slight_smile:

Thanks to all who have signed up to be beta testers so far :slight_smile:

We’ll give anyone else who wants to sign up another week before distributing the app.

21 Likes

I don’t know why you bother asking for testers when you all aren’t interested in fixing cumulative bugs that have been inherited from a long time ago. Some bugs are so evident that any developer would have noticed them straightaway had they tried to do learn/review a course themselves.

3 Likes

Hi, I signed up as beta tester, but did not receive any notice up to now. Has distribution of the app already started?

3 Likes

I signed up a week or so ago, and again a few days ago, just in case it hadn’t worked for any reason. I haven’t had anything yet.

1 Like

Hi @Oblomov62 @rlkirby we haven’t started distributing the app yet, sorry we’re a couple of days behind on Android. You’ll receive an email from us shortly.

4 Likes

OK, thanks @kevin5284, I hope that it didn’t sound as if I was being impatient. Looking forward to checking out the app.

3 Likes

I certainly remember I filled the application for becoming a tester. Now I see that testing has begun but I did not receive any feedback from you. Is it ok and you just don’t need more beta testers?

Hi @gardariki we sent out the invitations for iPhone users today and we’re waiting for the app to be approved on Android before it’s distributed.

I can see you’re an Android user, so you should receive an invitation to install the app soon.

I’ll post again later today with some guidance on the testing process. Thanks again for your support!

6 Likes

Great to hear!
Not sure if it’s already been done, but would love it if I could also add new words to a course through the app. Or if the app/site would be able to recognize duplicate words that are already stored in another of my courses so I don’t end up studying the same words in different courses :slight_smile:

Am looking forward to testing the app!

1 Like

I’ve started a new thread where we’ll collect feedback during the beta:

https://community.memrise.com/t/decks-app-beta-testing-thread-for-feedback/43057/2

Please have a read and leave any feedback you have. Thanks!

18 Likes

Hi, @kevin5284
i still have not received my invitation to install the decks beta app.
I responded to the invite to become a beta tester shortly after it was announced using the same email address that i use for my google play account.(as requested).
Thanks.

Thanks for flagging @LarBoylan. I emailed you a link just now where you should be able to download the app.

What is supposed to happen once I press “BECOME A TESTER”? Do I need Memrise installed for it to work?

Edit: It’s worked now

1 Like