Bulk add doesn't work

Hi,

Since yesterday I have been trying to add new words to my private course on Decks, copying them directly from Excel. For some reason the words can’t be added and something goes wrong. I hope it will be soon possible to add the words and thus to continue learning the course.

4 Likes

The same problem. I can’t add the sentences and its translations. They just disappear.

2 Likes

I have the same problem - bulk upload is not working. Very frustrating!

2 Likes

Same, also issues with “auto-learning” any words in a deck that I have created - it just perpetually loads and never actually completes the process.

Memrise has confirmed that there seems to be some sort of problem - see this thread.

1 Like

Great, thank you decks for sorting this out.

Ahh, I’m having this problem on Decks also.
Well gutted, as the past few days I’ve been prepping 1000’s of sentences for a few new courses for myself, but can’t use them at the moment, as every time I use Bulk Add it says there was a problem but some of the words may of been added, but it just uploads random ones from the list I try and Bulk Add.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

I’ve also been having problems the past few days with reviewing some of the courses I use as well.

Same problem here. Both on decks and memrise. Also new problems with review sessions that fail to load began after failed bulk adding

Some observations on this bulk adding mistake.

It so happens that memrise doesn’t allow you to add words (at least in bulk) that are exact copies of that are already in your database. It doesn’t matter if they are in the same level or if they are not actually in any level at all, as long as they are in the database they can not be added again. Now this particular bulk adding mistake doesn’t add words to the level but it still adds at least some words (maybe all, haven’t checked that) to the database. So once you have tried and got this mistake the next time you try to add the same bulk of words it doesn’t necessarily happen for the same reason, it simply happens because the words actually were added to the database (though not to the level) and now can’t be added for the second time.

I got that mistake and then I tried to add my words in smaller bulks and still failed. But then I read about they being actually added to the database, so I deleted them from there (one by one, very tedious process) and after that I tried to add my words again in much smaller bulks (10 words at a time) as an experiment and it worked.

1 Like

Bulk add should now be working! I’ve run a couple of tests adding ~300 words at once (and adding already added words, thanks for the heads up @Huntress ) so please try and let us know if you encounter any more issues with the bulk add function.

Ok thanks.
I’ll re-try it again later then to see if it works or not.
Hopefully it does work properly now, as before I had to keep deleting my courses and start making them again from scratch as the entries were all put up in the wrong order due to not all being added.

So hopefully when I try it later it works. :slight_smile:

Just tried bulk adding some sentences that I had previously added before with no problem and after loading awhile it just says “Sorry, there was an error in adding your words - however, some of them may have saved.”

So still not working for me… :frowning_face:

Thought I found a temporary work around by adding 10-20 at a time, which worked for a while, but now I am getting the same message with just adding 10-20 at a time as well.
So definitely still not working for me… :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks for trying this out, I think I know what’s causing this issue, will investigate and report back.

1 Like

@tampora I’m struggling to reproduce the issue. Uploading hundreds of sentences is working on my side, but I suspect my test data might be a bit too artificial. Are you comfortable sharing an example of what you’re trying to add? A Google Drive or Dropbox link with a file for example would potentially help me fix the issue much faster.