For the past few weeks I experienced this bug on the Android app: whatever number I put in the “Number of words per review session” setting (for both classic and speed reviews), my choice is displayed and remembered but doesn’t apply when I launch a review session. Instead, review session always end after 6 words (a number not even available in the drop-down list).
I have tried reinstalling the app (with phone restart) several times but this behavior comes back every time. More precisely, the first review session will behave as expected, i.e. have a number of words equal to the chosen setting (either a custom value or the default 10-word value), but all the following ones are again capped to 6 words. And just to be clear: when going to the settings, my choice of number of words is correctly displayed (the number 6 does not appear anywhere). Changing the setting has no effect.
This bug is independent from the course I am trying to review (currently taking Japanese 1 and 2).
Thanks in advance for your help!
- Phone: OnePlus 5T (A5010)
- OS: Android 10 (OxygenOS 10.0.1)
- Memrise app version: 2021.4.5.0 (in French)
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Install app and log in
- (Optional) Go to settings and change “Number of words per review session” (classic or speed)
- Launch any review session: the app behaves as expected
- Launch a second review session: the review session ends after 6 words (the progress bar moves accordingly to the 6-word review)
- Any new review session ends after 6 words
Screenshot: settings page (left) & review session summary screen (right)