Below is a list of the bugs that I have encountered in the Android App.
- Daily goal reached message appears way too early, too late or not at all, see this thread
- Updates/changes to course content are not propagated to app, see this thread
Large courses cannot be downloaded (i.e. 5000 words courses)
- Difficult words sometimes need to be removed several times before they disappear from the list (still present in 2.94_17085, albeit - as it seems - only when unflagging during a review session)
- The scroll position within lists (i.e. word lists in a course) is not maintained after showing an item and then returning to the list, see this thread
Courses that have been completed show as incomplete; hitting the learn-button then triggers an error, see this threadfixed with 2.94_18528 (23/02/2020)
- when moving between courses, hitting i.e. the repeat-button may start a session for the wrong (i.e. the previously active) course, if the user has progressed in the active course and the app needs to scroll from lesson 1 to the current/next lesson (timing problem)
- (related to topic above:) when hitting the repeat-button too early, the session will actually start a general repetition using ALL words instead of the words currently queued for repetition; if that happens, correct answers will score 45 points (= indicator); what’s very irritating: the count of pending repetitions will not decrease in general sessions, instead you’ll have to do the repetitions once again for those in queue.
- "Learn with locals" seems to rarely appear; sometimes an error message appears when manually staring a session
- Images provided in an otherwise text-based course (i.e. as an additional column) don’t show in the app; they do show in the web-version. Example: “(une) voûte en berceau” in this course
repetition session: the score is sometimes hidden; this applies to the score for a single task as well as to the overall scorefixed
repetition sessions: the ‘can’t listen right now’ button isn’t shown at times (speaker button at the top right of the window)fixed
Score tables: the column headers and controls are hidden; they (most of all times) are only shown when scrolling to the top of the list (i…e #1)(Seems to have been fixed.)
- Previously, the button underneath a task initially, read Skip, this is no longer the case - the button now always reads Continue and appears to be disabled - which it is not. Very much worse is the fact that, if the user skips the task, the correct solution is not being shown (see this posting)
- With longer phrases (word order puzzles), the words may end up underneath the words that have already been added to the phrase, making it impossible to see the remaining words and difficult to touch on the tiny bit that is visible without removing previous words; see this posting
Audio not working at times during review: sometimes (don’t see any obvious pattern), there is no audio during review sessions. Notable: the sound you get when you correctly answered a question is still being played. It seems that, when this happens, providing a wrong answer seems to re-activate audio.Seems to have been fixed.
Menu button missing: with the latest app update (layout changes, 12/04/2019), the menu button is gone. This applies to i. e. the top left of the main screen (tap to select the current course) and the leaderboard lists (tap to choose from week/month/all time).This change was intentional; the menu-button in leaderboards is somtimes (!) still missing though.
- The device keyboard is turned off between questions. If you brought up the device keyboard during review, difficult words, etc., it stayed active until you explicitly turned it off. Now (12/04/19) it will always be turned off between questions.
- Difficult words may not be added to the list of difficult words if flagged as such during a review session (see this thread)
fixed with 2.94_17085 (14/12/2019)
While, during a review session, an audio test comes up, the audio only plays once and can not be repeated, so you either have to guess or turn off audio testsfixed
Leaderboards within courses always throw an error when accessed; the board appears when reloading via tapping the reload icon underneath the error messagefixed with 2.94_17085 (14/12/2019)
The count of words up for repetition is broken, see this thread.fixed with version 2.94_17117 (06/12/2019)
When using Dark Mode, additional info (as available after tapping the plus-button) is not being displayed(Fixed.)
- The overall count of words learned differs between the data as shown in the profile vs. the one shown when tapping your user on a leaderboard (see further down here in this thread)
- Learning sessions with 7 words are not working properly, see this post further down
- Sometimes, the initial presentation of a new word is being skipped, i. e. the first time the new word shows up is a quiz question instead.
- When logging off and then back on (i. e. to refresh courses) you’ll have to change a few settings repeatedly before your settings are considered. This applies to settings such as the number of words in review sessions and the number of words to be learned.
The level/rank display in the leaderboard is wrong, see this posting.(Fixed.)
- The app lags resp. is very slow at times; sometimes, a restart of the app or even the device is required in order to get to a course’s chapter list (see this posting and the ones below)