I start this forum to handle the following three courses:
This course is an invaluable resource for anyone wishing to learn the most frequent German words by decreasing order of frequency. It is based on an excellent corpus, contains very few errors, and includes audio, gender, plural, and declension information.
This course includes common words and sentences (A1-A2-B1-B2 levels) that do not appear in the original 5000 words above. More precisely, it includes:
- Many words related to the Internet, who were not as frequent in the original corpus but are now used frequently
- The pronominal adverbs, which were all omitted from the first course
- The missing words and sentences from the Deutsche Welle online learning platform. More details at Free German Online Courses Level A1 to B1 | DW Learn German and Vocabulary | DW Learn German
- The missing words from the B1 word list of the Goethe Institute: https://www.goethe.de/pro/relaunch/prf/en/Goethe-Zertifikat_B1_Wortliste.pdf
- Some missing words appearing early in the 2020 “A Frequency Dictionary of German: Core Vocabulary for Learners”
I suggest to start learning this course after learning the first ~2000 of the 5000 words of the original list, and then to learn both courses in parallel.
This course includes the most common verb + preposition idioms in German along with their English equivalents. They are organised by preposition. Each example includes the declension as well as a sample sentence, in German and English. It is more comprehensive and/or contains fewer errors than the equivalent courses available on Memrise.